1. Texturing next!

     
  2. Basically there with the hard surface detail on the head, just got the arm and shoes to do now.

     
  3. After many re-designs, I’ve finally got something locked down for the throat that I’m happy with and I feel makes sense. One final round of details and clean-up and I’m calling the head finished.

    High Res Here

     
  4. Slow and steady

    -WIP-

     
  5. WIP - very slowly making progress, need to spend some time on the hard surface stuff next and get that finished and UVed so I can get everything into MARI

     
  6. Spent yesterday afternoon experimenting with lino cutting and printing. Really good fun, and I love the result.

     
  7. Old Jeans sculpt WIP, still needs some work and a denim bump all over it.

     
  8. Zbrush jacket WIP

     
  9. My next personal piece is underway (very much a WIP). Going is slow because of work, but I finally have something sort of showable. I’ve tried to stick closely to the concept but needed to change some bits to make it work in 3d and get the proportions right. I’ve also changed the shoes to boots to keep it a bit more 50’s biker / Americana themed.

    Original concept by Wouter Gort, his work is awesome, check it out here

     
  10. Reel update for the CG student awards because apparently we are still eligible to enter. No Blue Zoo stuff unfortunately, my PC hates the codec.

     
     
  11. Quick warm up, such a good movie

     
  12. The Siren

    Finally got it finished!

    Created using Maya (Mental Ray), Zbrush and Nuke

     
  13. Who needs Xgen and its fancy equations when maya fur will suffice! 

    Let there be scales (very much still a work in progress) 

    -For a 1080p version-

     
  14. Since I finished the anatomy course thought I would do some personal work that would also be good practice before I started as a Groom TD at MPC. Finally got a turnaround rendered. Need to finish off the tail next.

     
     
  15. Spent Sunday sculpting a clay version of the pug I made in Zbrush. It would cost too much to get a 3d printed version to sit on my desk, so thought I would have a go at making it in real life. First time I’ve touched clay since we made pots in Primary School. Fairly pleased with the results, and I’m going to see if I can make a mould and cast a few versions in resin to spray and varnish. 

    It’s been a nice little break from work :)